NVTBL Coaches "Rules of Engagement"
- Pay close attention during the scheduling process.
- Come to all meetings as requested.
- Enter 3 Contacts (name, email address, & phone #) to Team Information.
- Always have a printed copy of the contacts list at your disposal.
- Always have a printed copy of the baseball field care for the field where you are playing at your disposal.
- Call your opponent 2 days prior to every scheduled game.
- Bring an NVTBL rules sheet to every plate meeting.
- Don't get tossed from a game.
- Be nice to the NVTBL Staff and they will be nice to you.
High School Federation Rules
Age Group Competition Rules
NVTBL Pitching Rules/Guidelines
NVTBL Local Rules 8U - 12U Teams
To view the rules for the 8U - 12U teams, Here
NVTBL Local Rules for 13U - 19U Teams
To view the Rules for 13U - 19U teams, click here
ODL Rule Modifications
- This rule limits the number of trips a manager or coach may make to any one pitcher in any one inning;
- A second trip to the same pitcher in the same inning will cause this pitcher's automatic removal;
- The manager or coach is prohibited from making a second visit to the mound while the same batter is at bat, but
- if a pinch hitter is substituted for this batter, the manager or coach may make a second visit to the mound, but must remove the pitcher.
- A manager or coach is considered to have concluded his visit to the mound when he leaves the 18 foot circle surrounding the pitcher's rubber.
- If the manager or coach goes to the catcher or infielder and that player then goes to the mound or the pitcher comes to him at his position before there is an intervening play (a pitch or other play) that will be the same as the manager or coach going to the mound.
- Any attempt to evade or circumvent this rule by the manager or coach going to the catcher or an infielder and then that player going to the mound to confer with the pitcher shall constitute a trip to the mound.
- If the coach goes to the mound and removes a pitcher and then the manager goes to the mound to talk with the new pitcher, that will constitute one trip to that new pitcher that inning.
- In a case where a manager has made his first trip to the mound and then returns the second time to the mound in the same inning with the same pitcher in the game and the same batter at bat, after being warned by the umpire that he cannot return to the mound, the manager shall be removed from the game and the pitcher required to pitch to the batter until he is retired or gets on base.
- After the batter is retired, or becomes a base runner, then this pitcher must be removed from the game.
- The manager should be notified that his pitcher will be removed from the game after he pitches to one hitter, so he can have a substitute pitcher warmed up.
- The substitute pitcher will be allowed eight preparatory pitches or more if in the umpire's judgment circumstances justify.